Game day traditions
The football game is just part of the campus excitement on game day! Other traditional activities include:
- Lunch or dinner in a residence hall or in a downtown East Lansing restaurant.
- A visit to the MSU Museum.
- Viewing the fall colors along the Red Cedar River.
- Strolling through the beautiful Beal Botanical Garden, Horticulture Demonstration Gardens or 4H Childrens Garden.
- Cheering the players as they walk into the stadium tunnel.
- Watching the Spartan Marching Band practice and then march to the stadium.
- Cruising Grand River Avenue.
- Wearing green and white.
- Visiting the alumni tent.
- Getting ice cream at the Dairy Store (now with another location in the MSU Union!)
- Picking up some new green and white apparel.
- Tailgating with friends and family.
- Singing the MSU Fight Song.
- Chanting "Go Green! Go White!"
- Taking pictures at the Spartan statue.
- Listening to "MSU Shadows" or the Fight Song ringing from Beaumont Tower.